6 Mild Acne Mark Treatments – Facial Acne Scar Treatments
Acne may leave scars and marks on your face even after they heal. Severe acne may cause cysts under the skin that can result to scarring. Microdermabrasion and chemical peel are some medical procedure that your dermatologist can apply to your acne scars. But these treatments can be painful and expensive. However there are a lot of natural ways to treat these acne scars, these methods have been taught from generation to generation. Natural acne treatments are safer compared to using strong chemicals. There natural remedies for acne scars are free from chemicals and they may be found in your home so you don’t need to spend much.
Here are 6 gentle home treatments for your acne marks
1. Baking Soda – Create a facial mask made of baking soda by mixing it with a little water making a paste. Apply the mixture to your face then let dry. After the paste has dried rinse with water. If you have a sensitive skin, you can just dab some paste to the individual pimples. Let it dry for a few minutes and then rinse with water.
2. Tomatoes can also be used to treat acne. It is a great source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which are able to renew dull and worn-out skin. Tomatoes aids in reversing the aging process. It repairs your skin and restores your youthful beauty by hiding your scars.
3. Essential oils – Sandalwood and rosewater are two essential oils that are mainly used to treat acne. A mixture of these oils can reduce pigmentation on your skin caused by acne. Use the mixture regularly and leave it overnight to achieve the best results. Olive oil is an oil-based acne treatment that contains moisturizers to soften the skin and can reduce acne scarring. Apply it evenly to your face then rinse after 15 minutes. Another essential oil used to treat acne is Lavender oil, it is another essential oil that works the same way and it has calming effects to help you relax.
4. Oatmeal is another food used as acne treatment at home. This cereal can be a great mask because of its properties. Aside from using it as a mask, it can also be used as bath salt. Although oatmeal is quite messy to use it is always accessible to every consumer and is also cheap. Using oatmeal as bath salt should also be done carefully. It must be powdered finely to avoid clogging your pipes.
5. Lemons are also used to treat acne. Cut fresh lemons and dab it to the acne spots. This process is very refreshing and you can repeat it until you see your desired results. Lemons are also used as facial cleansers. You can use it at night and feel the effect when you wake up the following morning.
6. Potato – a slice of fresh white potato can also be used to treat acne. Place the sliced potato on your acne and leave it for about 5-7 minutes. Potatoes help heals acne by reducing the inflammation. A mixture of honey and grated apple can also be used to treat your acne. Leave it on your face for about 20 minutes then rinse. You can mix a little water so the honey will not be very sticky.